Did you know that Florida leads the nation when it comes to divorce mediation?
The Florida Mediation Confidentiality and Privilege Act of 2004 ensures the legality of the process and protects your entire family from contentious litigation. This way, you can continue to decide what is best for your whole family instead of placing your future in the hands of a stranger.
What Is Mediation?
If you and your former spouse agree that fighting over your assets and the custody of your children isn’t in anyone’s best interest, Ronald M. Zakarin of the Law Offices of Ronald M. Zakarin can certainly help you out. He cares about the children and the future of your family and is interested in supporting you during the mediation process.
Mediation is a legal way to find agreeable compromises to any disputes that you have with your former spouse about what you want and deserve from your separation. The entire goal is to find a lawful middle ground to child custody, monetary issues, and property disputes, amongst all other aspects you personally face in your situation.
You make the decisions in mediation, not a judge or a lawyer if you choose to go this route. Ronald M. Zakarin’s responsibility is to guide you through the process and let you know what is legal and illegal, what you are entitled to, and will make sure that issues regarding the safety and security of your children are fully addressed.
A great benefit of mediation is that you will never have to set foot inside a courtroom. With a lawyer by your side, all contracts and various paperwork can be filed on your behalf as the mediation process results in a legal contract that you and your former spouse both agree on. Mediation is confidential, as are your appointments with Ronald, and only issues related to abuse and neglect of children are reported outside the meetings with your lawyer.
The Benefits Of Guided Mediation
It can be easy to get lost in the process of mediation if you don’t have an experienced lawyer by your side guiding you through the process and helping you stay on track. The benefits of such guided mediation can outweigh any doubts you may have.
- The costs of mediation with a lawyer by your side, as opposed to litigation, are much lower and the process can take much less time if both parties are dedicated to peacefully resolving their issues.
- Mediation ends in an enforceable contract. Your decisions will be protected and backed by law.
- You are allowed more flexible options when resolving the issues you argue about most. These options usually aren’t available to you in the court process.
- You know where you stand during the process and the chances of you and the other party both coming out with what you want have increased exponentially.
- You can put any arguments behind you and focus completely on supporting your children together instead of apart.
- One party cannot overpower another party who considers themselves in a “weaker” position. This isn’t a time for name-calling and money-grabbing.
- No case is too complex or serious for mediation. If there is an issue that the two parties cannot agree on, they can take a break to think and come back to the issue with a clear head and a more stable position.
- Mediation is almost always the best way to go for your children.
Only The Best For Your Children
The best thing that you can do for your children and yourself when confronted with divorce is to make the situation as noncontentious as possible. Mediation is an excellent opportunity for closure between you and your spouse and a smooth transition for your children who desire security and need your love and full attention, especially during this time.
The mediation process also creates a base for effective and positive co-parenting that concentrates on supporting your children in all aspects of their lives. They can witness you and their other parent supporting each other instead of the two of you fighting amongst yourselves over leftover and unresolved issues.
Contact us at the Law Offices Of Ronald M. Zakarin. We strive to protect you and your family during these difficult times and desire to provide the smoothest transition available towards your divorce. We are here for you.