Truck accidents involving tractor trailers and 18 wheelers can be catastrophic, often resulting in severe injuries or even death. At the Law Offices of Ronald M. Zakarin, P.A., we understand the devastating impact that truck accidents can have on individuals and their families. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Florida, it’s important to understand the common causes of these accidents and the compensation you may be entitled to receive.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver Fatigue: Truck drivers are often required to drive long hours without taking adequate breaks, which can lead to driver fatigue and impair a driver’s ability to operate a vehicle safely.
- Equipment Failure: Trucking companies are responsible for maintaining their vehicles, including performing regular maintenance and inspections. If equipment failure is the cause of a truck accident, the trucking company may be held liable.
- Overloaded Trucks: Overloaded trucks can be difficult to control and can cause accidents due to their increased weight and length.
- Driver Error: Driver error can include speeding, distracted driving, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow, or ice can make driving conditions dangerous and increase the risk of truck accidents.
Compensation for Injuries Sustained in a Truck Accident
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. It’s important to work with an experienced truck accident attorney who can help you navigate the legal process and fight for your rights.
In Florida, there are several types of compensation that you may be eligible to receive, including:
- Economic Damages: Economic damages include compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage.
- Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages include compensation for pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages may be awarded in cases where the trucking company’s conduct was particularly egregious or willful.
At the Law Offices of Ronald M. Zakarin, P.A., we have experience representing clients who have been injured in truck accidents. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to investigate the cause of the accident, gather evidence, and fight for the compensation you deserve. We understand the complexities of truck accident cases and will work to ensure that your rights are protected every step of the way.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Florida, contact the Law Offices of Ronald M. Zakarin, P.A. today for a free consultation. We are here to help you get the compensation you deserve.